Monday 12 November 2018

Masked Parade

Finally the Masked Parade - I was waiting all week. I was so excited. I was holding the flag with Reuben and my Dad, Terry. We were waiting at A10. In front of us were people that looked like they were from the future. At around 6.15 pm we started. We walked out through the car park, down the little side street into the main road and past all those parents and children clapping and cheering at us. By then we were near Tank and we still had a long way left at that point. There was a man with a full mask that was like a boat with a toy kid on the front. When I looked behind us I saw how big we were. I also saw Louie's Mum and Dad on the way in to the car park. I saw everybody's mask and they all looked awesome. There were birds, lions, fish, jellyfish, deep sea fish (like oarfish and vampire squid), and many many more. I had lot of fun. Sadly by then we were all most done as we were walking back into the car park. I saw some of my other friends walking that weren't in the Masked Parade. The teachers let their students go with their parents. My Mum, Dad and I walked around the stalls and found lots of cool things like food stalls. There was lots of variety. There was Dutch food, USA food, Chinese food and lots more.

By Jake